8.13.2011

Learning 2 Sing?

It's been years since I have sung and recorded it. I really hate how I can never play with a singer, so I have started to work on my vocals once again. This is probably my 20th time I've done this, but I tried something different this time around. I have downloaded a audio book for vocal lessons. It's something like Singing On The Go. Something cheesy like that. Last night I was doing some of the lessons and picked out my range. That has been the hardest thing for me. I could never really find my singing range. Well, last night I finally found it. So knowing this new great range, I began to re-learn Time of Your Life by Green Day. It's a easy song to sing and I know it by heart-ish. Anyways, I put on my capo to change the key of the song that suited best for my range.

This is the first take I sang and really the only good one out of the 10 I recorded. The singing isn't all that great. I can't hit the notes straight on. I can bend up to it and hit it, but I can't singing it like how it should be sung. Anyways, I do hope to do more of these little covers and work on my singing again. I do love writing songs and hate that I can never have a singer sing them. So, I'm giving it another try.

Time of Your Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment