2.11.2011

A Concept Album on Paper.

About a year ago, I had this idea for an epic concept album that never got off the paper. I have all the ideas written out and the concept of the album is all there, but I just didn't have the write people to do it. I met a great singer on Craigslist and we met up a few times and started playing some really good sounding covers. I had this idea and she was totally on board for the album. But, I always get the great talented people that don't really want to work hard for free and for their hobby. So, I'm stuck with this song that isn't complete and an album that is on paper. Expect for this song. The main idea is there, but I just need to fine tune some things.

The album would have started off like a old radio drama. Here back in the day before television, you listened to the radio.  The main boy is getting a ride to her mothers friends house to be watched while his mother went to work. The mothers friend has a daughter and if you hadn't guessed by know, it's the girl he falls for. Really the other way around, because in this song, the main characters are in high school and this song is where the girl tells him her feelings for him.

I was listening to a lot of dance music, mainly Cascada's Every time We Touch. I love that song so much and it felt right to have it her song to tell her feelings to him. So I wrote a song a lot like what I've heard on that album, and came up with this.

Ten Years Later

After the song, The girl asks if he wanted to go to the dance and he said yes. The school bell rings and they head to sex education and It would start out with an old sex education tape from the 1950's and this really groovy riff would come up and the song was really like a love groove. The main chorus would have both of the characters screaming out "Let's make love!"

Then the girl gets pregnant because the condom breaks and she decides to keep it, but wanting to put it up for adoption. So really the rest of the album plays out like a love comedy movie, but it being a concept album.

I hope one day I find the singers to play the characters in this concept album, but until then, it's just an epic album on paper.

1 comment:

  1. You should see Blue Valentine. You'll see why.

    (mostly cuz it's awesome and maybe relevant)

    ReplyDelete