2.15.2011

Demo.

Ever since I heard about Sigur Rós from my good old friend Grace. I fell in love with ambient music. I really can't get enough of it, Chris may have his Interpol, well I have my ambient music. For the past few months, I've been listening to a lot of new stuff other then Sigur Rós. My friend Jeremiah got me into the KEXP Radio YouTube Channel and he told me it's a great place to get awesome music. I'm always looking for awesome music and I found this song by Ólafur Arnalds and it felt like listening to Sigur Rós for the very first time. For about a few weeks, I would always zone out to them while biking to work. I would play it with the volume maxed out and just watch the cars pass by. Coming home from work was so much better because it would always be around 10:30 and no one would be on the roads. It was beautiful. I know I teared up from the extreme calm feeling I would always get listening to bands like Sigur Rós and Ólafur Arnalds.

Also for the past year, I've gotten really into City and Colour, Dallas Green's side project from Alexisonfire. The album Sometimes is just so pretty. I've always wanted to do something like that. So, last night while I was rendering Voice Mail I came up with the rhythm guitar part pretty quickly. I learned a few of City and Colour songs and tuned my guitar kind of like how Dallas Green would tune it for "Save Your Scissors". The 5th string is tuned up to a B and the 1st string is tuned down to a D. The 1st string tuning down to a D is a trick my Dad would use time to time and I also used that trick on the song The Greatest Fear

Anyways, This song is sort of like blending both styles together. I'm going to use this song for a video. It's going to be like a romantic video and I hope my girlfriend will be up for being the star in it.

I know it's getting kind of long, but if you can tell, you will here me sniffle a bit time to time. Joe Pass is a Jazz Guitarist I've liked and in his tracks you will here him breathe from time to time and I've always liked that and felt like almost every band should have a breathing track while they record a soft song. It just adds so much and it's so real.

Moving On (Demo)

No comments:

Post a Comment