2.06.2011

The Heart of the Matter.


This is the new video with a new twist. The music could be better and I wish I had been using my girlfriends camera, but what can you do. Anyways, I've been trying out this new idea of mine. Telling a story like a silent movie with up to date music. This is one of the videos that kind of starts it all. I'll try to write the music for my next video more like a score. I've never really done this so I'm still working on some things. I've had the biggest problem trying to write the music and the cues I had for the video to match up. I tried my best, but this is not my best and I can do better.

My Roommate slash Biffle Chris is reading a passage from The Heart of the Matter by Graham Greene. Before we were roommates, he came over to my place for once and we recorded a reading session. Attention came out of this one and only reading session I had with him. Most of his poetry and this passage. I was trying to get Chris to record a news slash talk show host style for that part but, I recently watched A Scanner Darkly and there was this one scene where one of the characters turns on a radio and It was describing the scene in a creative way that kind of was like the light bulb to a problem I was having for that scene in my video.

Also, you get to see the American Eagle I work at. I was watching for my manager and had my camera on hand and started to record. There's another video I'm working on that involves American Eagle. I'm starting to work on that one.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment