2.01.2011

I'm a Mad Man.

A few years back, I was living in Brazil and met some pretty awesome people at my school. I had two bands going and wanted to record some stuff with one of them. Annie Oakley were one of the bands I was in. I recorded some what of an ok first recording. I had to write out a midi track for the drums and bass in Guitar Pro 5. I put them in FL Studio's and added the guitar to it later. I recorded the singer and put it together. It sounded pretty ok, but the mic for the vocals was total shit. But, I still put it together and for an idea of what could happen, it sounded nice and I wanted to record more.

I was sitting on this riff for a couple of years and always wanted to have a good singer add some poppy vocals to it. So like the last song I did the same thing. But, This was just the idea of what it could be. I wanted the drummer and the bass player to record their parts. I just made this so we could have a strong rough draft and it was easy, it only took a night. I showed them the song and nothing ever happened after that. I began to get bullied by the bass player and the singer would sometimes join along. The drummer was busy, so he couldn't make practice or even talk to me. Nothing happened and they pretty much kicked me out of the band. The bass player started to play guitar and began to cover Nickelback songs with the singer.

Ever since then really, I have been doing everything by myself. It's easier because I can only depend on myself and I can do whatever the fuck I want to do. And I have the fucking talent to pull it off. I've still tried to put some bands together when I moved to DC, but again, it never worked out. One didn't have the time. Another one jammed with me but, never called me back to start something and joined another band. The last one texted me once about hanging out. The thing is that all these people are really talented.

I don't understand it. Is it because I want something no one has ever heard of and they see me as a mad man. Or, my ideas are so random that people won't understand it and we wouldn't make money. Is it that I give off that vibe that I can do everything and I don't need anyone to play parts.

Well, I call this song "Gato Gato". Gato means cat in Portuguese. In slang it's used for Foxy. She's foxy, Ela gato. Enjoy the unfinished song.

Gato Gato

No comments:

Post a Comment