2.17.2011

Just Sitting Around.

When I was 16, I did a lot of recording. I wrote countless of songs and recorded them as soon as possible. Back then I didn't accept reality and the reality was that I sucked at singing. But, I was young and it was my first year playing songs and I just wanted to write songs. Everything was new and I was just starting to get my hands dirty in writing and recording songs.

The sad thing is that I don't know if this album is all of the songs I recorded for this album. I don't have the original album or the art work I made for this album. My friend Grace e-mailed me all the tracks and I hope I got everything. Also, what really sucks is that this is only a hand full of the songs I wrote and recorded during this time period. I had 100's of songs and I tried to save them all but the disc I burned it to didn't work, and I didn't realize until all the files were long gone.

The song Hey Baby (Do You Mind) is a love song and the chorus goes like this:

Hey baby, do you mind.
Do you mind if I hold your hand.
Hey baby, do you mind.
Do you mind if we walk together.

So this song helped my friend ask his crush out on a date. They are now married. I feel kind of weird but it's cool.

Hey Baby (Do You Mind)

 I've been working on a Revisited album, and I got a few songs left to record. The composing has gotten a lot better but the singing hasn't. Here's that same song but redone years later.

No comments:

Post a Comment